Non-affiliate disclosure: all information about the this card have been collected independently by US Credit Card Guide and has not been reviewed by the issuer.
2021.6 Update: The new offer is 75k+$200! Offer ends on 2021.08.25.
2021.4 Update: The 70k+$50 offer is expired. The current offer is only 50k+$50.
2021.3 Update: The new offer is 70k+$50. Offer ends on 2021.04.28.
- 75k+$200 offer: earn 75,000 Miles after spending $4,000 in first 3 months. Earn $200 statement credit after using your card to make a Delta purchase in the first 3 months, and if you don’t know what to buy, you can buy some Delta Gift Cards for future Delta flights. This is the best public offer in recent years, go for it now if you need it.
- We value Delta Miles at 1.3 cents/mile (Airline Miles Value). So the 75k+$200 welcome offer is worth about $1,175! See A Beginner’s Guide to Delta Miles to check for details about Delta Miles.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on restaurants, shipping, advertising, and Delta purchases; 1 mile per $1 on other purchases.
- Earn a $100 Delta Flight Credit if you spend $10,000 in a calendar year.
- First checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Priority boarding on Delta flights.
- 20% savings on in–flight foods and entertainment.
- With this credit card, you can get access to Amex Offers, which often offers very good discounts at some stores. In the past we have seen offers like: Spend $15 or more and get $5 back at Walmart; Spend $75 or more and get $25 back on Amazon.com.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Refer a friend: You can earn 5,000 or 10,000 bonus Delta miles for every approved account you refer, up to 55,000 Delta miles per calendar year.
- $99 annual fee, but waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- You can only get the welcome bonus once in a lifetime, so be sure to apply when the historical highest offer appears.
- AmEx doesn’t care about the number of hard pulls.
- You can try to apply for it when you have a credit history of 6 months.
Only one AmEx credit card can be approved in a day. This rule does not apply to charge cards, you can be approved for one credit card and multiple charge cards in the day.Multiple cards approved in the same day will only have one Hard Pull.
- Only 2 AmEx credit cards can be approved within 90 days, but again, this rule does not apply to charge cards.
- You can keep at most 5 AmEx credit cards, not including charge cards.
The welcome offer is quite good.
Related Credit Cards
Recommended Downgrade Options
- You can not downgrade this card to any card with no annual fee, so I suggest you close it when you don’t want to keep it any longer.
- Click here to check AmEx application status.
- AmEx reconsideration backdoor number: 877-399-3083. The “real” backdoor number of Amex is well protected. Different from Chase, the representatives from this AmEx reconsideration backdoor number only have the right to help you submit requests.
Historical Offers Chart